“We came as individuals, Marriage Enrichment made us a team again.”
“It was a new beginning for us.”
“We came because we thought we needed a new spark, but found we needed a complete overhaul.”
“I was relieved to find out that other couples face the same challenges.”
“We found the love we had misplaced."
”Marriage Enrichment brought us closer to Christ and to each other.”
A marriage ministry that enriches marriages, builds community, and also develops lay leadership. Can all of this happen in one ministry? It not only does, but also goes beyond, and develops inter-church and inter-faith cooperation. The ministry in question is the Archdiocese of Santa Fe Marriage Enrichment Programs. It is one of a number of movements with the name marriage enrichment, but it has its own unique dynamic that is based on marriage-formation processes that span life’s journey.
This ministry is based on the belief that enriching marriage will enhance the couple relationship, improve family life, and build community. This is accomplished through a process that places God at the center of marriage, provides mutual support, and develops leadership.
1. Enrich marriages through sharing of experiences and through reflection.
2. Provide mutual support.
3. Develop concept of couples growing in the marriage vocation by including God.
4. Provide a real-life, down-to-earth program.
5. Introduce youth to the concept of marriage as a vocation.
6. Help engaged couples learn about marriage through sharing with married couples.
7. Provide support for engaged couples through a sponsor program.
8. Involve couples in the Program.
9. Provide a follow-up program for continued growth.
10. Provide parish/congregation based programs.
11. Promote the growth of the Program.
12. Promote unity of purpose through servant-leadership.
13. Extend the program.
This ministry is not intended to take the place of professional counseling or therapy.
© Copyright 2011-2013
Roman Catholic Church of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe, A Corporation Sole
All Rights Reserved